May 01, 2011

May 2011 Theme Day: Mailbox

"Briefkasten/-fach, Postkasten" lautet das Motto für die heutige Themenstellung am 1. Mai 2011.
Today is "Mailbox" - the CDP theme day for May 1st, 2011.
Der allseits bekannte gelbe Briefkasten, aufgenommen vor der Postagentur am Mönchsteinplatz. Hier wirft man seine Post hinein und hofft auf schnelle Zustellung.
This is the well-known yellow mailbox. It was shot in front of the post office at Moenchsteinplatz. It is the right place to post your letters. Then you've to hope for a fast delivery.
Briefkästen eines Hochhauses an der Mönchfeldstraße. Und das ist nur die Hälfte ... Zum Glück bin ich kein Postbote...
Mailboxes of a tower building on Moenchfeldstrasse. The photo shows only the half of the boxes... Fortunately I'm not the postman...

10 comments:

Mark & Matt said...

Hi Steffen. I recognise the German Post Box instantly, I have just returned from 10 days in your great country. The closest I came to Stuttgart was the Sinsheim Museum. Wherever we went we searched for the yellow boxs for our postcards. Have a great month and I will follow your blog regularly as I really like how it is both Deutsch and English.

Leif Hagen said...

Lieber Steffen -
Du hattest mir einen Brief mit Luftpost schicken. Einfach in einem gelben Postkasten hinein werfen! Dann warte ich bei meinen Briefkasten hier in Eagan nach 5 - 10 Tagen....
Herzliche GrueBe aus Eagan,
Leif

Jilly said...

Yes, wouldn't it drive you crazy having to fill these boxes. I'd not realised Germany mailboxes were yellow although goodness knows I've been in Germany often enough.

VP said...

The yellow box is quite afamiliar sight... The second image could be almost anywhere here, in a large apartment building. Great choice for the Theme Day!

Halcyon said...

You can't miss those yellow boxes! Nice choice for the theme day.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

both look official, industrial, sterile and all about business

Randy said...

I do like the yellow over our blue. I agree with Jilly it would make my nuts to fill these everyday. Great shots.

B i r g i t t a said...

I notice the DHL sign on the wall too :)

SRQ said...

My goodness...so many boxes. How does the postman deliver the mail properly?! Wow.

Luckaa said...

Juu, you also have trumpet like sign of post.

It must be big house with so many boxes.